Wild Swimming France: 1,000 most beautiful rivers, lakes, waterfalls, hot springs and natural pools of France, by Daniel Start
The best-selling Wild Swimming series returns to France for an expanded guide to best places to cool off this summer, including new coverage of central and northern France.
A thousand locations, including 550 new locations in Normandy, Ile, Champagne, Charente, Burgundy, Centre, Limousin, Auvergne and Aquitaine.
- Dive into the grand cascades of Auvergne, Jura and the Alps
- Dip in the emerald-green plunge pools and gorges of Provence
- Swim beneath the great chateaux of the Loire and Dordogne
- Discover the unspoilt crater lakes of the Massif Central
- Soak in secluded hot springs in the woodlands of the Pyrenees
- Bathe, picnic and canoe at willow dappled river beaches in Burgundy, Champagne and Limousin
Combining dazzling photos, engaging writing and all the practical information you’ll need, from maps, directions, grid references and walk-in times to recommendations for canoe trips, bike rides, riverside campsites and lakeshore restaurants.